— layout: default —
Are you a data scientist, librarian, or just love finding and organizing data? Do you enjoy helping people and teams be more successful with their passions? Have you spent a bunch of time working on opensource projects at work or for fun? Do you know about opensource licenses and what they require when using opensource?
If so, you’re a great fit for ClearlyDefined, a community of people gathering and curating data about open source components. We’d love to hear more about your knowledge and interest, and see how you can make an impact on the whole industry.
We’re on a mission to help FOSS projects thrive by being, well, more clearly defined. Lack of clarity around licenses and security vulnerabilities reduces engagement – that means fewer users, fewer contributors and a smaller community. This is a community-wide challenge and we’re taking a community-wide approach.
- Raise awareness within FOSS project teams
- Make it easy to identify and supply missing information
- Automatically harvest data from projects
- Crowd-source the curation that data
- Feed the curation work back to the original projects
Your role is to drive this hands-on, collaborative process. As a Curator, you will:
- Build domain knowledge in opensource licensing and security vulnerabilities.
- Show a real passion for detail.
- Identify issues in the data and create resolutions.
- Develop expertise in running the tools used to detect and analyze components.
- Work with upstream teams to incorporate the curated data into their projects.
- Work with a wide variety of people across many communities.
- Work on many things at once
- Gain the undying gratitude of opensource producers and consumers
- Be fully transparent in all your work
ClearlyDefined is a diverse and inclusive community of technical experts who are passionate about quality FOSS. If you or a colleague are interested in this role, check out https://github.com/clearlydefined for more information.